Candidate for Endzeitgeist's Top 10 Products of 2015
By Alexander Augunas
Unearth ancient secrets, tap powers long forgotten or hidden, and delve into the unknown using Paranormal Adventures, by Everyman Gaming, LLC. Designed for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Paranormal Adventures allows players to tap into esoteric forces while similtaneously giving GMs the tools they need to infuse their campaigns with ancient rituals of immense power and horrific creatures better left forgotten.
Paranormal Adventures includes:
- Two all-new 20-level base classes inspired by the new occult classes from Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Occult Adventures.
- New archetypes and class options for characters associated with the occult.
- New feats and character traits.
- Favored class options for characters who master the powers of the adaptive shapeshifter and the enigmatic vessel.
- Simple creature templates and class templates that allow GMs to make any monster into a shapeshifter or a vessel, or that simply allow the monster to walk among mortals undetected.
- Levialogi, horrific monsters born from the fetid blood of an ancient evil.
- Tips for running an investigation-style adventure themed around the occult and paranormal.
- And much, much more!
With Everyman Gaming, innovation is never more than a page away!
Beyond the complexity and challenge to design this material, the book oozes practically the passion and heart’s blood that went into it. If you’re a Supernatural fan, you absolutely NEED this book…and even if you dislike the series (or consider it by now more of a guilty pleasure), this book’s rules, aptly-written prose and overall package is simply exceedingly impressive. Considering the top-layer difficulty of crafting these rules and balancing them, the sheer number of flawless components and the comparably almost non-existent glitches, this book still receives my highest accolades – as mentioned time and again: I’d rather read a complex, daring, novel book with one or two hiccups than reward retreading conservative and bland designs. Paranormal Adventures contains some of the most impressive crunch-designs I’ve seen all year and is well worth a final verdict of 5 stars + seal of approval and the status as a candidate for my Top Ten of 2015.