Everyman Unchained: Fighters
5/5 Stars + Seal of Approval and Candidate for Endzeitgeist's Top products of 2016
By Alexander Augunas
Everyman Gaming LLC returns to their acclaimed Everyman Unchained series with an all-new unchained base class! Created by popular demand, the fighter finally gets his turn at the unchaining table with Everyman Unchained: Fighters!
Written by the mind behind some of the most innovative martial content, Everyman Unchained: Fighters takes many of the advances made to the fighter class in recent years and combines them together into a proper, 20-level base class complete with new class features and new options to choose from.
Everyman Unchained: Fighters includes:
- The Unchained Fighter, a warrior who uses overwhelming stamina and determination honed by advanced weapon and armor trainings to defeat enemies with overwhelming martial skill.
- An updated list of fighter weapon groups, including a compiled list of fan-favorite weapons from throughout the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.
- Three new advanced weapon groups that allow fighters to specialize in finesse, performance, and primitive weaponry.
- Unchained versions of every fighter archetype from every Pathfinder Roleplaying Gamehardcover that are compatible with the new base class presented within, ranging from the Advanced Player's Guide through Horror Adventures.
- Four pages of new feats to customize your fighter, including often-requested abilities like Aerial Assault, as well as several new weapon mastery and armor mastery feats.
- And much more!
With Everyman Gaming, innovation is never more than a page away!
Alexander Augunas delivers the class the fighter always was supposed to be: We retain the massive depth of combat tricks, but instead of making one-trick pony specialists that play alike in every single round, the unchained fighter not only has a colossal amount of customization options – the talented fighter had that as well. The accomplishment of the class lies definitely in the flexibility that is not restrained to the building path chosen, but to the options it allows the player to take within said paths: Even if you compare two fighters employing the same weaponry and roughly similar fighting styles, you will have differentiations between them, completely different experiences. The in-depth integration of the stamina-system further provides fun to the act of playing a fighter and adds a component of resource-management to the experience. In short: The unchained fighter provides a ton of player and character agenda – the increased skills per level and other abilities available mean that the fighter no longer has to impotently twiddle his thumbs while the barbs and rangers get to do all the non-combat fun stuff.
This rebuild of the fighter is the best I have seen so far and most certainly should be a required addition to any game that has players who want to play one; mechanically precise, fun and well-designed, chock-full of unique and fun options, this pdf is worth every cent of its asking price twice and deserves a final verdict of 5 stars + seal of approval and also receives a nomination as a candidate for my Top Ten of 2016. Very much required and from this point onward the point of reference that other fighter fixes will have to beat in order to have any raison d’être.